Holiday House Tour 2012: 201 South Braddock Street

201 South Braddock Street
John Chesson and Anne Schempp
House Chairman Sandra Bosley

Constructed circa 1810 with a Federal-style form, the building was altered in the 1840s to reflect the fashionable Greek Revival style. Samuel Noakes purchased the house and property in 1857. The house was altered again in the twentieth century for commercial use as the Peoples Barber Shop. The building is a mixture of limestone and brick covered with a low-pitched, side-gabled roof, covered with standing-seam metal. The house is currently undergoing renovation. Images of the process will be presented during the tour of the space.