Last year, the National Trust started a campaign called “This Place Matters.” It is a simple campaign: Take a photo of yourself in front of a place that is significant to you. Share why your place matters – be it a nationally recognizable landmark or your favorite local diner, they are all priceless to you, and we want to hear your story.
- 1. Make a sign or banner with the words “THIS PLACE MATTERS.” You can download and print a sign from the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s website here.
2. Take a photo of yourself, or a group of friends, at your favorite place holding your sign. Or you can make a “mini-documentary” and upload the clip on YouTube.com.
3. Share your story and photo/video in the comments of this news event from May 1 to May 30. Files should be hosted online through a hosting site like Photobucket, Flickr, or YouTube to use this option.
4. Alternately, if you do not have online file hosting, you can submit your photo and story directly to PHW’s email, email@example.com, or regular mail addressed to PHW, 530 Amherst St., Winchester, VA 22601.
5. There is no limit to the number of places you may submit.
6. Photos and/or stories may be used in a display at PHW’s Annual Meeting in June.