Join PHW for the Annual Meeting and Preservation Awards on June 16 from 3-5 pm at the Education Center in the Lewis Jones Knitting Mill on Kent Street, now the home of OakCrest Companies. Christopher Owens, a noted house restorer, will provide the keynote lecture. Join us for our annual business meeting and presentation of the 2007 awards before partaking in the reception.
This year’s award recipients are:
Lucille Lozier Award
* The OakCrest Companies, Lewis Jones Knitting Mill restoration and adaptive reuse
Carroll M. Henkel Awards
* Congressman Frank R. Wolf, for his ongoing support of preservation and heritage tourism initiatives in Winchester and Frederick County
* Elizabeth Reader and Charles Swartz, for their contributions to the appropriate reuse of the built environment of Winchester
* Richard E. Bell, for his leadership and wise judgment as chairman (2003-2007) of the Winchester Board of Architectural Review
Katherine G. Rockwood Revolving Fund Award
* Erich and Kristin Bruhn, restoration and landscaping of 211 S. Washington Street
Awards of Merit
* Thomas H. and Lucy D. Rockwood, restoration, expansion, and landscaping of 101 N. Washington Street
* Reader & Swartz Architects, the City Meat Building, 213 N. Cameron Street
* KSR, LLC, 208-220 S. Kent Street and its contribution to Kent Street revitalization
Approximately 40 PHW members graciously gave up a beautiful Saturday afternoon to attend the Annual Meeting and Christopher Owens’ lecture and question and answer session. Following the business meeting, members were allowed to tour the building before joining the reception, prepared by Darla and John McCrary.